Image Discussion Night: 5 CAPA Themes: Cold, Man-made Structures, Culinary, Active Seniors, Nature
January 9, 2023 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- The Cold – image reflecting the low temperatures. For example (but not limited to): animals and birds in the cold; cold weather sports or other human activities, including winter portraits; outdoor winter scenes (including Christmas or other winter religious celebrations); rural or urban landscape, astrophotography, seascapes, cityscapes; close-ups of snow flakes, ice bubbles, etc; winter leaves of plants, trees etc.; frozen elements such as frozen ponds or icebergs; cold weather phenomenon such as the northern lights; winter transportation such as sleds, snowmobiles, etc.
- Man-made Structures/Objects– images of any man-made object, buildings, transportation (air, land, sea or space), still-life, rural and city landscapes. Images may contain the hand of man.
- Culinary – image which relate to the preparation, cooking, presentation, serving and/or consumption of food. Locations could include (but are not limited to) restaurants, street markets, picnics, kitchens, banquets, weddings, homes, food Images could be of the food itself, the persons creating the food, the utensils used, and /or the persons enjoying the food.
- Active Seniors – According to American feminist Betty Friedan “aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength.” For this Theme, we are seeking images which express the experience and benefits of an aging-friendly community. All images should focus on seniors in all walks of life and lifestyles. Some suggestions: portraits of seniors; celebrations with family; seniors and their pets; senior artists and artisans and crafts-persons; celebrations and/or sports.
- Nature/Wildlife – image(s) of subjects such as amphibians, insects, marine-life, reptiles, wild or domesticated animals or birds, etc. This category also includes botanical, insect, subjects. Domesticated animals and birds are permitted in this theme. Hand-of-man is permitted.