- This event has passed.
Submission Deadline: LGCC Celebration of Nature
November 4 @ 8:00 pm
Submission Deadline: Saturday, November 4 2023, at 8pm
Please send your best image for consideration for the club’s submission to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a member of more than 1 club, you can enter with only one club. You cannot send 1 image with one club and send another image with a different club.
- Images that have previously placed 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in multi-club competitions in BC and the Yukon territories, or images that have been entered in previous Celebration of Nature Photography competitions are not acceptable. No borders, frames, or signatures are allowed. a
Theme: Nature, no hand of man
To assist you in determining if your image qualifies for this competition, you MUST review and comply with the Nature/Wildlife criteria information detailed on the Canadian Association for Photographic Art website which can be accessed here: 2023 Nature/Wildlife Competition – Canadian Association for Photographic Art (capacanada.ca)
There are four categories in this competition:
∙ 01 – Botanical – subjects such as wild-flowers, plants, trees, fungi and algae. Germinated and grown without human assistance.
∙ 02 – Nature – animals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects – under the control and feeding of humans if not obvious – such as zoos, game farms, animal preserves, aquarium, etc…
∙ 03 – Landscape – subjects such as weather phenomena, geological formations, landscapes, seascapes and natural phenomena, planets, stars and astronomical events – no hand of man.
∙ 04 – Wildlife – ONLY living and untamed mammals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects – no hand of man.
Dimensions: Maximum horizontal size: 1400 pixels and Maximum vertical size: 1050 pixels Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size and neither dimension may exceed the maximum pixels for that dimension
- Colour Space: Should be sRGB
- Colour Accuracy: Strongly recommend that you calibrate your monitor to ensure colour accuracy from your monitor to the image projected to the judges
- Maximum file size: 1.8 MB
- Important Note – For this competition, the entrant must preserve the submitted image’s original un-retouched JPEG or RAW file. LGCC may request submission of the original file to confirm the authenticity of the submitted image and compliance with the Competition specifications.