The Surrey Photography Club together with Surrey Art Gallery is pleased to announce a juried exhibition of photographs featuring architecture and other constructed, man-made spaces that are located south of the Fraser River e.g. Surrey, Langley, Abbotsford, Delta, White Rock etc
We invite artists in the Vancouver Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley to submit up to 3 photographs for judging. All photographic genres will be accepted; as monochrome, altered reality, abstract, etc. The main subject of the photo is to be derived from, or depict, a constructed man-made space that is (or was) located south of the Fraser River and north of the US Border.
The Surrey Art Gallery will display a number of pieces from the competition April 27th to August 17th 2019. Awards will go to the show’s top three winners and to some honourable mentions.
We encourage artists of all skill levels to enter!
Submit an entry
Please print the information and label page. Click here for application. Please complete and cut out the labels to attach to your art pieces.
Completed forms and the framed photos, ready for hanging, with information attached to the back, are to be dropped off at the Surrey Art Gallery on April 9th between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM or 7:00 PM and 8:30 PM.
Drop-off for artworks: April 9th 2:00 – 4:00 PM & 7:00 – 8:30 PM
Jurying: April 10th
Pick-up of art works not selected for the gallery show: April 11, 2:00-4:00PM & 7:00-8:30 PM
Show Opening: April 27th
Show Closing: August 17th
Pick-up of Works after the show: August 21st 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Terms and Conditions and other stuff
- All works are required to be framed with rings or hoops attached to the rear of the work for hanging purposes. Each framed photograph may be no larger than three feet on any side.
- Artists whose work is selected will be asked to provide a short (50 to 100 word) statement about their image.
- Neither the Club nor the Gallery is responsible for loss or damage upon receipt of the artwork and for the duration of its display at Surrey Art Gallery. Transport of the works to and from the gallery is the responsibility of the artist.
- Selected works cannot be removed from the gallery for the duration of the exhibition.
- Images may not include obscene imagery, or be plagiarized from other sources. If a composite image, including multiple exposures and combining elements, all components of the final image must have been taken by the entrant.
- In agreeing to exhibit at Surrey Art Gallery, the artist grants permission to the Surrey Photography Club and Surrey Art Gallery to photograph their work for publicity/documentary purposes.