- This event has passed.
Submission Deadline: Pacific Zone Print Challenge
January 12 @ 8:00 pm
The Darkroom Group is pleased to invite all photo clubs in the Pacific Zone to participate in the 2019 Print Challenge.
Please submit a digital version of your image for consideration of the club’s entry in the CAPA Pacific Zone Print Challenge by Jan 12th, 8pm. Final Prints and Digital versions due Monday Jan 28th, at the club meeting.
Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
JPG File details: Submitted JPG image must comply with the following:
- Dimensions: Maximum horizontal size: 1024 pixels and Maximum vertical size: 768 pixels
Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size and neither dimension may exceed the maximum pixels for that dimension
- Colour Space: Should be sRGB
- Colour Accuracy: Strongly recommend that you calibrate your monitor to ensure colour accuracy from your monitor to the image projected to the judges
- Maximum file size: 1.8 MB
- Prints may be monochrome or colour, each section will be judged separately. Black and white prints that have been “selectively” coloured in a localized area are classified as colour, e.g., an orange canoe or red barn leaving all else gray, black or white. If there is confusion as to whether a print is monochrome or colour, the host club will decide.
- Subject is the choice of the photographer, must be suitable for viewing by any age group.
- Minimum print size: approx. 80 square inches. Maximum print size is 16“ x 20“;.
- All prints must be matted. Outside edge of the matting and backing board is 16“ x 20“.
- The window in the mat must reveal only the printed image (strokes or digital borders are not acceptable).
- The window mat and image/print must be attached to a firm 16×20 backing board (mat board or foam core). 16×20 edge to edge prints (strokes or digital borders are not acceptable) do not require a window mat, but they must have a firm backing board like mat board or foam core. We don`t want 5×7 prints (35 sq inches.) The bigger the image itself is, the easier for the judges to see and score it.
- Only Black or White Mats are permitted. No framed prints.
- All entries must be labeled on the back of the print, top right corner:
Photographer`s name ……………………………………………………
Club name ……………………………………………………
9. If the photographer`s name appears on the front of the print, the print will not be judged.
10.Prints or jpegs previously entered in the Pacific Zone Print Challenge which have placed (1 st place to 10th ) in any other competition are not eligible, except those from your own club`s internal members-only competitions. The host club will make the final decision for acceptance of any prints.
- If your club cannot generate 10 prints, then send what you can. Your photographers will be eligible for medals for the 3 highest scores and 7 Honour Award certificates.
- Club entry fee $25.
The Judging Event
- The Challenge will take place on Saturday, 23 February 2019, 1pm in the Gymnasium of Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship, 1160 Lansdowne Drive, Coquitlam BC. V3B 5V8
- All prints will be displayed during this event.
- Members of all clubs and the public are welcome.
- The prints will be on display until awards are presented (approx. 4:00pm)
- Scores will be e-mailed to participating clubs as soon as possible.
- CAPA Medals (Gold, Silver, Bronze) will be awarded to the photographers with the three highest scoring prints at the competition and the clubs with the three highest scores. Seven Honour Awards will receive certificates. Jpegs of winning entries (1st, 2nd, 3rd place and Honour Awards) will be sent to Canadian Camera Magazine and CAPA’s website. All awards will be recognized at the competition.
- Entry images may be used for advertising future Pacific Zone Print Challenge or any CAPA event with credit to the photographer.
Please plan to attend this Competition! Show admission is $8.00 per person to cover room rental and refreshments.