North Shore Challenge: Club Submission deadline
February 3 @ 8:00 pm
Please submit your favourite image for the Club’s submission by Saturday Feb 3rd, 8pm.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each club entry must contain 6 images from 6 different club members. All images must be
submitted in a digital format.
- There is no restriction in subject matter. However an image submitted to a previous North
Shore Photographic Challenge is not eligible.
- The top one hundred scoring images will be posted to an online gallery on the NSPS website.
Entering the competition indicates that the image-maker has given permission to have his or
her image duplicated. Images may be used in advertising future Challenge events.
- Images must conform to the Image and Naming Specifications below.
The size of image that can be projected is a maximum width of 1400 by a maximum height of 1050
pixels (native SXGA+).
To insure that your digital images conform to standard, please follow these directions:
- Set your working space to the sRGB standard. (This is the colour gamut that is specific to
viewing on monitors and for projection to screen).
- For your digital image, set the size of your edited image as the last step. If using Photoshop, go
to Image>image size > resize. Ensure that both the constrain proportions and resample boxes
a) For a horizontal image, set pixels dimensions to a maximum width of 1400. Do not adjust
the height as it will adjust automatically.
b) For a vertical or square image, set pixels dimensions to a maximum height of 1050. Do not
adjust the width as it will adjust automatically.
c) Click OK. (Do not be concerned about document size, resolution, or file size. Leave this
information as is.)
- Now you can sharpen your image suitable for digital projection. Do not over-sharpen.
- Be sure your monitor is calibrated. We will not make colour corrections or other adjustments to
the submitted digital files.
- Finally, save the file as a high resolution (12) JPEG (.jpg) file. Do not save as jpg files during
editing as image quality will be lost. Save as a jpg file once and only after all changes have been
- Do not put any copyright information or any text on the image.
In order to facilitate the flow of images and for ease of record keeping for the evening, please rename
each file as described below:
- Club Initials (a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 letters), Photographer’s name, and finally Image Name, each separated by a dash (-).
- For example, SPC-John Smith-Bird on Stick.jpg
Do not use a dash (-) anywhere else in the filename…not even for hyphenated names. Do not use symbols, punctuation (other than the dash).