- This event has passed.
Submission Deadline: CAPA Nature
October 19 @ 8:00 pm
Deadline submission is Sat Oct 19 at 8pm
Email your best image to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your image can be in one of 4 separate themes:
- Botanical – subjects such as wild flowers, plants, trees, fungi and algae. Germinated and grown without human assistance.
- Nature – subjects such as animals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects – under the control and feeding of humans if not obvious – such as zoos, game farms, animal preserves, aquarium, etc…
- Landscape – subjects such as weather phenomena, geological formations, landscapes, seascapes and natural phenomena, planets, stars and astronomical events – no hand of man.
- Wildlife – ONLY living and untamed mammals, birds, insects, reptiles and marine subjects – no hand of man.
Note: Hand-of-man – is the devoid of all human elements and impacts of human activities – The following are examples ‘hand-of-man:’
- Human – body or portions there of.
- Sky – cables, telephone/power lines, jet streams, aircraft, light pollution, artificial light, etc…
- Land – man-made structures or paths, concrete, man-made stone, telephone poles, fences, posts, domesticated or cultivated plants/food, cut grass, organized or systematic laying out of planted trees, etc…
- Elements – cut trees or branches or stems, tree stumps, man-made food, objects or background, etc…
- Sea – boats, ships, piers, docks, posts in the water, etc…
To assist you in determining if your image qualifies for this competition, you MUST review and comply with the details contained in our CAPA Nature/Wildlife Competition Checklist. The Checklist provides clarification for each theme and what type of editing is and is not acceptable. There is a number of limitations so please check!! There are also a number of guidelines for ethical photography of nature.
Submitted JPG image must comply with the following:
- Dimensions: Maximum horizontal size: 1400 pixels and Maximum vertical size: 1050 pixels
Note: One of the dimensions must be exactly the maximum allowed size and neither dimension may exceed the maximum pixels for that dimension
- Colour Space: Should be sRGB
- Colour Accuracy: Strongly recommend that you calibrate your monitor to ensure colour accuracy from your monitor to the image projected to the judges
- Maximum filesize: 1.8 MB
Full details on https://capacanada.ca/2019-nature/